I'm back at the BY and not a big fan of the pastelly "Charlie goes to Candy Mountain" background on the computer screens. There is a little pamphlet next to my computer entitled, "Answers to Common Questions." I would love to flip the page and find:
1. Yes
2. No
3. About an hour
4. The restroom is right around the corner
So the pamphlet I am envisioning slightly resembles a magic eight ball. Weird.
Do you ever wonder if you are boring? Like not on occasion, not when you haven't had enough sleep, not when you aren't reading enough books--but in your core, in your personality line-up, coming before bossy and after boastful. Perhaps being boring could count as a legitimate personal disadvantage, for which you could get a life handicap like in golf. I often wonder if I am boring (this is not a solicitation for comments on how non-boring I am, (Marie being most likely to respond with such), and in fact such comments are not allowed (note the bossiness)), and the thought doesn't really make me upset which is proof that it might be true.
I have always believed that boredom is a lens people put over their eyes--not a quality inherent in a subject or lesson, but since this belief doesn't allow me to be a boring person, I'm forced to give it up. Boredom is back on the menu.
When I was wondering about the me being boring thing, I remembered a recent dinner where I won the last portion of Kobe beef for having the best embarrassing moment. So maybe I'm not a boring person, just an embarrassing person.
Cheers.
ps I'm on an unexpected break right now in my job training, and I have the sneaking suspicion that my comrades are all using their break time to be productive and create brilliant lesson plans (things that boring people are happily excused from just by nature of incapability) while I piddle around on my blog.
4 comments:
You are boring. Does that feel better?
when the student is prepared, the teacher appears. larry miller. At least he is the one who told me that.
Laine- "What are you doing?"
David- "Reading."
Laine- "Bor-ing!"
have you had the chance to bore your students yet?
So glad you are back to blogging.
b.o.r.i.n.g.
so there.
Post a Comment