Sunday, April 19, 2009

So many things to say on a day like this...

...when I'm eating homemade bread (thank you Marie) and local honey (thanks Aunt Nanny/James) and there are blossoms on trees outside and a breeze through my window;

...when I'm surrounded by plastic eggs and packing peanuts and stale peeps because the fabulous Easter Bunny tracked me down this year and showered me with candy goodness (Taylor Hawes, if you're out there: "Will you be my foam peanut?")

...when another semester is almost over, and it's time to put everything away, this being my sixth April of leaving a home behind to return to my everhome for just a few days before this summer's adventure (California.)

...but most of all, when--drat. I'm late for church.

5 comments:

The Goob said...

I love that Easter Bunny. He is so adorable.

Kate said...

totally forgot about foam peanut! i am laughing so hard right now. lets talk.

JenErik said...

California - what are you going to be dong there?

jim said...

Well JenErik - it may not be my place but I heard from my best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend who heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with this girl who said that there are cute boys in California. I hear they are mostly are concerned with fitting in and if you date them they become afraid of your family and your family's friends... but can be nice to talk to anyway. I guess when you are desperate you do what you have to and you will go pretty much anywhere.

cath said...

Jim--it may not be my place, but YOU'RE BALD.