i just rode rode rode my bike next to the bay with salt in my ears and a setting sun in my mouth and dreams blowing into my face and hair. do you ever feel like your senses get all mixed up so that you can't distinguish the smells from the tastes from the memories from the touches? i do. (i do know that memory isn't REALLY a sense, but i'm making it one in my life.)
i'm in love with the ocean. i understand i have no claim on it's loveliness, having chosen mountains all my life, but doth not the appetite alter? a man loves the landscape in his youth that he cannot endure in his age. (i felt the truthfulness of this last saturday as i trailed my family to the summit of timpanogas. thank heavens for beautiful flat ground to welcome me into age.)
i'm frustrated with myself. why does it take leaving to realize what i've got? why can't i sustain the urgency and passion i feel for PLACE without uprooting and replanting every so often? why do i thrive in crisis and become dull in routine? and how does crisis become routine so quickly?
there's something i need to know, if anyone's listening. is my blog boringly impersonal?
8 comments:
I love the ocean as well. Granted, I grew up in sunny Los Angeles, but I just don't think I could live somewhere that wasn't coastal. Even if I don't go to the beach often, I just need to know it's there. Waiting.
And I love reading your blog. Your writing is beautiful, and I enjoy it (impersonal or no).
Oh the joy of blogging. I'll take any piece of you I can get since we did promise to live "it" together - in this circumstance "it" is life . . . and life has simply just taken us too far away from each other. What a life.
never cath. Your blog is the best thing that happened to the web since youtube. :)
very impressed you left the music home. everyone clap for aunt cathy, she just mailed a very important letter! it's not impersonal to me because I know you so well. but you know that don't you. you know I live vicariously through you, I never realized it's not just for the good parts. you know? hard to read a post like this without conundrumming with you.
no.
You blog is definitely not impersonal. I feel like you let us into your mind which can be just as personal as one's heart. Thank you for sharing. I always LOVE to hear your insights. Enjoy the sun and beach for me.
I think your blog is anything but impersonal. I love your musings!
Cath, your blog is SO impersonal. could you make it a little more personal please?
okay, actually, I don't really think that, I just couldn't (for a minute) say again what had already been said so often and well.
I concur and connundrum with Jane. love you
Post a Comment