Wednesday, March 31, 2010

to a spring that is weaning me off winter

to the quarter-sized flakes out my window when i woke up

to puddles and melt

to wet feet, consequently

to gray gray skies

to the low sulking clouds on the mountains to the east

and yet, to yellow blossoms and the faintest green on branches, so barely there i might be imagining it

today is a "contemplate failure" day, supporting evidence attached.

you know what never fails?

spring. but sometimes it looks like it's failing.

so i'm expanding my view. i'm not failing. i'm in transition.

4 comments:

Kim and Steve said...

Thanks for the positive spin on the snow. I was thinking about how we all act disappointed and surprised by weather like this when it happens every year!! We should expect it.

Kate said...

girl, i love you. and i love the way you say it.

The Goob said...

I hope this means you are converting.

Jane Durham said...

your last line totally sounds like dad. "I mean that in the nicest way!" great thought.