i know that i normally post about death or nature or politics or any other serious topic that is taboo in polite conversation, but today is not that day (though i can't promise an appropriate post.) i had a thought today that i've never had before, so why not commemorate it on the blog-o? i'm always having thoughts i've never had before, but this thought was so simple, so built into my routine, that my oversight was shocking.
it came to me in the shower. (kind of like that one time ben fell in the shower and hit his head on the faucet and japanese came to him, fluently.) i was shaving my legs and doing the typically poor job on my knees, and i realized: some people spend time on this! weird.
i guess that up to today, i had been content with less than perfectly shaved knees because i thought it was impossible. i just figured those girls with perfectly shaved knees didn't have hair on their knees or something. with a little more thought, i recognized that there are many things i've written off as impossible because they take longer than four seconds, and i might have to reconsider some of them. who doesn't want perfectly smooth knees?
tonight i actually tried giving my knees an honest effort, and i saw immediate results. do you see how revolutionary this is?
7 comments:
Ha! love it... the thought, or more the way you expressed it. Made my wake-to-feed-at-2a.m. night:) had a similar ah-ha when I flossed behind my retainer tonight after lazily neglecting those 5 slots last night. Love u!
I feel the same way, it just takes to long...and who looks at my knees anyway? I will try harder too. Oh and Happy Birthday this weekend!!!!
dang i started looking at my knees and they need more attention. LOVE you, LOVE your posts.
Funny-I told Ben earlier last week, I'm a grown woman and still don't know how to shave my legs. Why can't someone tell me how I'm supposed to do this?
Oh Cath, this made me laugh and laugh. And rhyme.
What a brilliant revelation! I too have wondered about those perfect, hairless knees (and perfect, tanned skin, etc). Taking the time to perfect such things just never occurred to me as a worthwhile activity...but yes, I do love the results of a meticulous shave.
what's shaving?
I tried it and it looked way better. I'm grateful for your motivation, my knees have one spot i missed on each but much better.
Post a Comment