Saturday, December 25, 2010

so this is christmas, 2010

Christmas time is here. We'll be drawing near. Oh, that we could always see such spirit through the year.  They're putting up reindeer and singing songs of joy and peace. I wish I had a river I could skate away on. When you're still waiting for the snow to fall, it doesn't really feel like Christmas at all.  Through the years, we all will be together if the fates allow.  But til then, we'll just have to muddle through somehow.  I'll be home for Christmas, if only in my dreams.


A thrill of hope--the weary world rejoices, for yonder breaks a new and glorious morn.  Hail the heav'n born Prince of Peace, hail the Son of Righteousness.  Light and life to all He brings, risen with healing in His wings. We see him come, and know him ours, who, with his sunshine and his showers, turns all the patient ground to flowers.  Some children see Him dark as they, and ah! they love Him too.  God is not dead, nor doth He sleep.  The wrong shall fail, the right prevail, with peace on earth, good will to men.


What can I give him, poor as I am?  If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb; if I were a Wise Man, I would do my part; yet what I can I give him: give my heart.

No comments: