Well, I know I'm going overboard here, posting more than once in the same day...but I've got a lot to share with the world. "I like to wake up to the smell of sizzling bacon. So sue me."
I graduated from college. At the time, it seemed like a really great thing. But now I find myself typing on my dad's computer at four in the afternoon, totally unpresentable and with nothing to show for the day and I wonder. What am I going to do now and what's in a piece of paper?
Feel free to offer job suggestions, or non-job suggestions (though those will require a little more justification.)
A shout out to my dear friends: you're all cookies. You made Provo the place that I now miss.
5 comments:
"I'm just so full of information, I feel like the latest edition of something."
I've been tring to think of some needs I've seen lately. There are a lot of opportunities for employement right now but most of them don't seem to really fit the needs out there. For example - out at Ikea (also known as toys r us for adults and/or swedish lovers) there is this great parking section for families up close by the doors. There are signs all over the place that make it clear that this area is for families only. They even use pictures since we know that many won't or can't read. So while looking for a spot in this great section with my two little kids and my wife that has a broken foot, I notice that the cars that have just pulled out don't have any kids in their car! I luckily found a place or I would have had to go kathy bates from fried green tomatoes on someone. I watched for a few minutes and watched two more cars without kids pull into parking spots in the area. It isn't like there were no parking places anywhere - this is Ikea we are talking about. The entire city of garland utah could park there. so anyway - my point is that we need someone to go out there, put on a velcro orange vest, maybe take some of those orange cross walk flags, and start kicking some Ikea parking lot buts. Lets be honest, Ikea is huge. I'll bet you a dollar you could pick up an Ikea shirt at Savors, show up in your velcro vest and go to work. You could skip the interview process and just show up with a punch card. I'm pretty sure they will send you some money for the work. Sure it may be in kronor but at least you would be serving a purpose the world needs.
okay. Jim, I'm going to suggest that you begin your own blog as you clearly have a lot of things you need to get off your chest. Your voice must be heard, and a comment on my measly blog isn't enough! Power to the people, and the parents! As to your suggestion, I really appreciate it, it being the only one I received. And it would be a good suggestion if I wasn't boycotting Ikea, and maybe even Scandanavia while I'm at it. Aren't you married to the "big chain companies (aka McDonald's & Chevron) taking over the world" police? What is going on, you've been brainwashed by those sleek lines and modern designs. GEORGE BANKS IS SAYING NO!
Right now professional bloggstress (the feminine of blogger) seems to fit you pretty well. It's great, you can download all of that amazing stuff that's floating around beneath the blond curls, without all the hassle of having to find a PERSON to talk to, and look at, and occasionally hear unnecessary and unwanted backtalk from.
That said, if you are feeling like you really need a CHANGE, I'd say go for a job at the local bikini- carwash. You could probably manage right off the bat with your degree...
wow - good idea about the bikini carwash (for the management potential of course.) I actually just saw a help wanted sign at a local Bikini Cuts.
Can you cut hair? I don't think anyone else at Bikini Cuts can either - lets be honest - that is not what people are paying for. 400 S and West Temple (approx)
Post a Comment