Today I walked to 7-11 with my niece Laine. Romney was there too, of course, but quite limited in his participation, wh
at with the stroller straps and the binky in his mouth and everything. The walk was only a few blocks there and back again, but looking through Laine's eyes, it was a grand adventure. Midway, she began collecting sticks which she stashed in the bottom of the stroller or used as batons to aid her dancing. She stopped to smell every flower, and asked to investigate more fully the features of several houses we passed--the bird houses, the rock garden, etc. She was stopped dead in her tracks by a small pile of broken glass on the sidewalk, and she was completely stumped by how it could have gotten there. Her brainstorming produced the following possibilities: maybe a mouse sat on it, or a huge mungus destroyed it, or maybe a leaf fell on it. My bet is on the leaf. I'm not quite sure what a huge mungus is.
3 comments:
I know what a mungus is!!! It's the name of a huMUNGOUS giant from an episode of a kids show called DragonTales that Lainey likes. oh,the useful things you learn as mother of a toddler! so anyway, that's where my money is. I bet Mungus made that pile of glass! OR a really big leaf. why not?
okay, we have problems. either the internet is a nifty tool to disguise your identity or jim is a mother...
I am laughing so hard. So jealous I wasn't there and am NEVer there! Reminds me so much of my time with Asia...life was just so fascinating when you had two sets of everything all of the time. You know, eye's, ears etc.
Post a Comment