Saturday, September 8, 2007

Family Lagoon Day



There's really nothing like an amusement park (except maybe a water park or bath house of any sort) to get you up close and personal with a true slice of humanity. Whenever I'm wondering who I am or if there's anyone out there who understands, I'll go to Lagoon. It's truly a haven of peace and a playground organized simply to show off all that's good in the human being. That's even before throwing in enough cotton candy, churros, and plastic souvenirs to make your heart melt...literally.




And it is at this location that Dad chose to ring in a new era of family time.




Dignity, always dignity.

6 comments:

Jane Durham said...

I love that blurred pic. Totally appropriate. I have noticed though that I am not yet on your blog...I am a shimmering shining star!

Unknown said...

Getting wet was not even the worst part of the ride. If only I hadn't lost my leg in that freak accident on the log flume. Can you believe I'm smiling and appear to be so happy after such a horrific experience?

If anyone has an extra leg, I could use one. Does Dad know a good re-appearing leg trick?

The Kingfish said...

Why did you crop the picture of your boyfriend out of the group shot, Cath?

Jane Durham said...

marie get your own blog already, it's too confusing!! ha ha a wooden leg named jim!

Jane Durham said...

I also was like, what? jim is calling Marv dad? what is happening to him?

cath said...

yep dad, cropped him right out...it's easy to do since we usually stand five feet apart from each other. if you look really closely, you can see his sleeve at the left edge of the pic.