Well, fine people of blogland, quite a remarkable thing has happened! A TIE! Sisters Jane and Marie both pulled off 13 out of 20 on that last movie quotation quiz. Unfortunately, I got them all correct so I will be accepting the prize. Thank you, Thank you. "They love me! They really love me!" Thank you to everyone who participated. Impressive display of movie knowledge...actually not really SO impressive with the winners only getting 65%, but that is what people always say.

This pic is to uphold my "no non-pic posts" and to introduce awesome brother dave to the blog, and because the pic just makes my day.
So Part two of this blog post is that my blog has become so much LAMER since marie got on the blog scene. Her blog is cuter than mine, and so is Jane's now that it's been all spiffed up and mine feels outdated, left out and..."she could be a farmer in those clothes." So I'm trying to tell my blog it's okay and you can never go wrong with black...it's just a rough patch for her self-esteem. We'll get over it.
Part three. Technological snubbing. This is a post that has been long anticipated on the blog, and it is a subject I feel quite passionate about. Somebody is out there just coming up with more ways for the rejects to be rejected. Oh you thought not getting a response to your letter a month later was bad; how about knowing the object of your pursuit is at the other end of the telephone line.... And it's only gotten worse with time. Let me list for you the ways I can currently be rejected: Telephone. Text messaging. Gchat (the silent killer). Facebook. My blog. Email. Snail mail. Real time real life say it to my face you coward! Am I forgetting any? Perhaps in the world of BYU, you could consider not recieving those annoying flyers on your door a sign of rejection.
Let me clarify--lest you start getting crazy ideas, I am not walking around feeling rejected all day or making a tally of who has responded to me. I am just saying the world is getting complicated and George Banks is saying no! The biggest problem with technological snubbing is that it's never totally clear if you have been snubbed or if the connection has gone bad and the message was never delivered. This may seem like a favor to the people who are actually being snubbed--they never have to accept the harsh reality that someone doesn't want to talk to them. I don't think it is favor...I'm all in favor of harsh realities.

4 comments:
Cath. I appreciate that you didn't cheat even one iota putting together your lovely little quiz, but still. YOU MADE THE QUIZ! that's the whole point! you already knew all of them. and anyway, haven't you heard of grading on a curve? talk about being snubbed - here jane and I won fair and square! and you never even posted all the real answers. therefore, I oppose your claiming of the prize and you can now imagine the banner that I'm holding that says, "SHAME ON SHE SHALL HAVE MUSIC!! (labor dispute)" back me up here, Jane! friends don't let friends cross picket lines. (I saw that bumper sticker last week and it seemed appropriate.)
Cath. I appreciate that you haven't modified your blog to beat my blog. I just don't have time to play keep up with the jones this week. Next time I am about to log onto your blog, I am going to start a tape recorder. Why don't you make that your next fierce challenge. He who laughs most, or last, or whatever. Because I think your blog is so funny. Which means you are so funny- think of all the validation all these technological things give you! Each new addition only gives MORE people MORE opportunities to confirm and validate your existence.
cath- i'm back in blogland and it is fabulous - especially reading your clever posts with plenty of catherine movie lines.
cath- i'm back in blogland and it is fabulous - especially reading your clever posts with plenty of catherine movie lines.
Post a Comment