Thursday, September 13, 2007

A Quiz! a little friendly competition

Okay people. The following post is part of an innovative new campaign to make this blog more interactive. Name the movie. There will be rewards, and no cheating and looking at other people's answers when you post your own. I don't actually know how that is possible; that is where the innovation comes in. Some of these are dead giveaways for most of you...that couldn't be helped. And remember competition--beating out your friends and the person in front of you, I mean really pummelling them--is key here, not accuracy. For extra credit, post your own quotations.


Posts with no pictures stink. A mix between feta cheese on a frying pan and dead animal in the desert. So here are the faces of competition. Fierce.







(props Jane for finally making it on my blog)

























GET THE LEAD OUT. THAT IS ALL! (this line is not part of the contest.)

1) "House of Laughs. What's your problem?"

2) "Not you--I don't even know you people!"

3) "There's a lot going on at this school...Wow."

4) "And may I remind you, it does not say RSVP on the Statue of Liberty!"

5) "All right Joanne Greenwald, you horrible thing."

6) "If it had pained me, I would not have come."
"You take pleasure then?"
"Yea, as much pleasure as you take upon a knife's point."
"Hahahahahaha."

7) "Don't be hasty."

8) "I'm not European, I don't plan on being European, so who gives a crap if they're fascist dictators?...As John Lennon said, 'I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me.' Afterall, he was the walrus. I could be the Walrus, but it still wouldn't change the fact that I have to bum rides off of people."

9) "I am no man. I have no name."
"Well that may explain why you're having trouble seeking gainful employment."

10) "Rule number one John, don't propose to a girl on a tour bus. Rule number two, don't tell her it's because you had a bad dream."

11)"Nobody's going to rob us going DOWN the mountain. We haven't got any money going DOWN the mountain...morons. I've got morons on my team."

12) "I love weddings! Drinks all around! I know, clap him in chains, right?"

13) "The one who pinched it, done him in."

14) "I forgot to vote."
"What?"
"I forgot to vote. The last election, I got a manicure and forgot to vote."
"Since when do you get manicures?"
"Oh, that's not the point!"
"Alright--I forgive you."
"You forgive me?"
"Shhh!"
"A hot dog is singing. You need quiet while a hot dog is singing?!"
"You forgive me."

15) "What are you looking for?"
"The Russian circus...I think it's still in here!"

16) "American components, Russian components--they all come from Taiwan!"

17) "What were you doing shaving at this time of day?"
"Since when do I shave my finger?"
"You don't shave your ear either but you cut it last week."
"Well, the ear is in the general vicinity of the face."
"So is the finger when you're shaving."

18) "So much for French fashion, and French politics.... Look you here sir at this limp cravatte. And the sad state of these cuffs...oh no, no, no. Ttt, ttt, ttt, ttt."

19) "Five pounds of brown sugar."

20) "Sad to be all alone in the world."
"But she's not all alone in the world--she's got us!"



Remember. Big Brother is watching. NO CHEATSIES!

7 comments:

Lindsay Johnson said...

#14 - You've Got Mail
#15 - Anastasia

2 out of 20? not to bad for one who does not remember movies. I'm sure I'll get wasted by all you other catherine curtis blog readers.

cait & darren mower said...

#2-princess diaries
#4-clueless
#6 much ado about nothing
#12 pirates of course
#13 my fair lady
#19 anne of green gables
#20 modern milly

The Kingfish said...

#8 John Cusack "Say Anything"
#11 Butch Cassidy
#18 Scarlet Pimpernel

Jane Durham said...

1. Gidget Goes Hawaiian people, watch it.
3. High School Musical get your head in the game!
4. Clueless, as if!
6. Much Ado
8. Ferris Buehler's Day Off
10. Walk the Line
11. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
13. My Fair Lady
14. You've Got Mail?
15. Something with big dresses...
17. Happiest Millionaire
18. Scarlet Pimpernel
19. Anne of Green Gables
20. Thoroughly Modern Millie

Jana B. said...

i just know that there are princess diaries, scarlet pimpernel, anastasia, you've got mail, pirates of the carribean, oh let's see...what else... I'm not cheating! Oh, Anne of Green Gables...um, gee cath. you are just too clever. i'll have to re-reference. good game. OH! i just cheated, but I totally knew the thoroughly modern millie one.

Liz said...

I'm glad you hit home the no cheating point. You know how I have a tendency of doing so--it all started playing cards at your cabin as a child! Anyhow, here are my non-cheating answers:
2-Princess Diaries
3-High School Musical!
4-Clueless
8-Ferris Bueller's Day Off
10-Walk The Line
14-You've Got Mail
19-Anne of Green Gables

That was SO fun! Thanks for the entertaining way to procrastinate...

Unknown said...

Okay, step back everybody...I've been delaying posting for a few that I had hoped might come to me, and...they haven't. but here's what I've got (this is Marie, by the way. I don't want Jim taking credit for my extensive powers of recall!)

#1 Gidget goes Hawaiian
#2 never saw the movie, only a trailer, and I remembered the quote but couldn't place it. too bad.
#3 um...Grease? High School Musical? don't know really
#4 Clueless
#5 Better Off Dead
#6 Much Ado About Nothing
#7 Star Wars
#8 Ferris Bueller's Day Off (do you know ANYTHING??)
#9 O Brother Where Art Thou (2 weeks from everywhere! aren't you a geographical oddity! - or close enough. you get it.)
#10 Walk the Line
#11 Crazy in Alabama
#12 Pirates
#13 Man of La Mancha
#14 Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
#15 Anastasia
#16 Apollo 13
#17 Happiest Millionaire
#18 Scarlett Pumpernickel
#19 Anne of GG
#20 everything today is thoroughly modern