Wednesday, February 20, 2008

He's HOME!!!

Elder Dave is back and better than ever. It's a relief to have him home because now I can stop counting the days...my anticipation was getting exhausting. As you may be able to tell from other posts (most notably my christmas post) I am a nostalgic fool. I grieve the movement of the sun across the sky and can hardly step forward in time a minute for the loss of the moment I'm in. Someone in our house is having a hard time letting go of David's mission, and it's not necessarily David. (i haven't asked him though.) I'm glad he is home, I don't want him to leave again, I don't wish he was still gone, and I find myself just staring at him because I'm so happy and amazed that he's here in the flesh--BUT I don't want him to lose that missionary enthusiasm, the quirky accent, the frequent slip into portuguese, or the overall spirit he exudes. David has never really been one to be of the world, so I have high hopes even though I have watched many a glowing missionary slowly fade til they blend in with all of us regular joes more concerned with ourselves than others and eagar to please man before God. Obviously Dave's presence has been a dose of perspective which I am grateful for. I have always admired this bigger brother of mine, and I am so proud of him now at the end of an honorable mission.
ps. isn't he handsome?

6 comments:

rudi said...

yahoo! isn't it the best! pretty soon he'll be home for 3 weeks like TJ today. TJ is excited to hang out with dave... i'll think they'll make good just-got-home companions. at least i gathered so from your comments of his enthused state. love you

m.m. said...

he is so handsome! i'm guessing there will be two curtis boys getting married this year. i mean. seriously. who could resit that cute dave!? if i wasn't already attached, i would break into pocahontas song ("should i marry david curtis?") and marry him myself!

henderson family said...

you are such a cute sister! he's lucky to have you!
love ya!

Liz said...

YAY--I love david. And I'm so happy he's home for you... SO great. And David is definitely one who will keep the missionary glow. Have fun having him home!

Nakita Ellis said...

Cute and FUN blog!!! I love this post, I can tell you are close to your bro, that rocks. P.s. It was a lot of fun seeing you this weekend, your cake was amazing, both Eric and I don't normally like cake that much, but we both enjoyed yours LOTS and ate more than we should have :)

Jane Durham said...

I love meka. that is hillarious. and I love dave! just can't get enough, he is SO handsome.