Friday, February 29, 2008

I'm sick today (cough cough)

Why doesn't rough rhyme with cough? Can't we all get together and make these sort of executive decisions?!

Brian Reagan said it best...
"i before e except after c and when sounding like hay as in neighbor and weigh and on birthdays in springtime soon after may and you'll always be wrong no matter what you say!"

I've never been one for accuracy, forgive me.

Despite having no pix (because its MY blog and I don't have to post pix of the sicky me if I don't want to!), something happened today that I couldn't resist posting about. I dreamt about fruit loops last night, joy of my heart, and woke up with their sweet taste on my lips. I knew that I would be rewarded if I peeked behind a certain cabinet door in my kitchen, which I did and I was, and I poured a big bowl all the while convincing myself that this only would soothe my (cough cough) throat.... I open the fridge and

no milk.

What sort of terrible cosmic alliance is that! Sure enough, on the top of the garbage heap was an empty carton, still cold, and no one around to fess up.

What a life (rough rough).

3 comments:

Jane Durham said...

I too noticed that when I wanted some the other day. However, it's for your own good. Everyone knows dairy is no bueno for cough cough.

Unknown said...

I'll share my milk with you, cath. come on over, and bring your fruit loops. even if dairy doesn't soothe the cough cough, fruit loops soothes the rough rough.

Unknown said...

fruit loops soothe?

soothe is one of those weird words that start to look pretty odd if you think about it too long. try it.

soothe soothes soothe soothes soothe soothes soothe soothes soothe