Sunday, March 30, 2008

aloaloaloaloha



I've been back from Hawaii long enought that my tan is gone, my chocolate toffee macademia nuts are gone, my love for snow and cold weather is gone...take me back.

Please note that finer than fine sandy beach (Hebgenites will particularly appreciate this).



Hanauma Bay will forever remind me that most people feel totally fine wearing unflattering swimsuits. There is something nice about that. Theoretically. Not visually.

This is really the only picture worth talking about because, yes, we are leg wrestling on the floor of the airport, and yes, I am losing, BUT look at Bendy's face and how hard he had to try to beat me. Boo yeah. Though I'm not sure I'd like to have bigger, stronger legs than Bendy.






Hooray for Ben and Dana--the reason for it all. Love them. Love them married. Love their clothes.







This was the view from our villa doors (including Rom who had some crazy draw to this wall). Sure beats a smoggy city.

"How bout a sail on the catamaran? We could tour the pineapple factory..."

"Now there's a bad idea."

This was our trusty vessel for the whale watching expedition, and my, was she yar. Saw many whale and shark.


What a trip. It was so choice.

5 comments:

rudi said...

wow! what a great post. so fine.

JenErik said...

First of all you're beautiful. Second of all, I wouldn't trade Hebgen sand for anything, and lastly hawaii is gorgeous. Too bad the first time I experienced it I was with a certain someone who was trying out for American Idol. Wow.

Jane Durham said...

love the bit about the swimsuits, theoretically. we still need to watch gidget to really top of the whole trip.

Unknown said...

YES! name the night...I'm there for the gidg.

and, uh, cath? I think it's catamaran.

loves.

cath said...

thanks for the tip, marie. i'll pay you back at the luana tonight.