Be advised, these are not lessons from doing actual work...but lessons from being at work, aka at my workplace.
1. Every mother really does think she has the cutest baby. Really. True fact. I'm being serious here. Think about it: the implications of this are mind-boggling. To protect the innocent, I can say no more. ("Please, say no more.")
2. You can't make a chevy into a porsche. You can always dream. (or go to the gym.)
3. There's no accounting for taste.
4. No matter how often you forget, licking more than one envelope closed is always a bad idea. Gross.
5. Eating nothing but candy + Not drinking water = one heckofa headache
Ah, I have learned much, and much more than I can share here. These are just highlights.
4 comments:
Cath-
I myself have learned many lessons that I didn't expect (old men really are grouchy!). I'm so glad that you have learned some of the priceless life lessons that our place of employment can afford. I never cease to be amazed.
"mind-bottling"
Oh, Michael Scott, how we miss you
I have nothing to add. I'm just laughing. ("No, don't start thinking about work. You are not at work, you are home. You are at home, not at work...")
Laura Bruschke here, doin a bit of blog surfing...great stuff by the way, you are a clever tasteful gal I tell you!
After a real decade of work for said workplace, I can only nod my head in agreeance that these facts are indeed that. FACTS. Maybe we should start a therapeutic blog for those of us who have suffered and learned so very many lessons while getting paid, sort of... funny, funny. Really nobody gets it unless you have the uhhum, privilege, of working there. An elite club we are. Alas, I will be back to work soon and I can commiserate or laugh , as it may be, side by side!
Post a Comment