Sunday, July 13, 2008

Not you! I don't even know you people!

Does anyone read this any more? You who do, you faithful, I salute you. It's another one of those disparate thought days, so prepare to do do some jumping.

There are many things I am sure I could find (camelback, nail polish remover, headband, bike stand, checkbook, etc. etc. etc.) if I was willing to look hard, and by hard I mean at all. As a friend once told me, "I am not a digger." Show yourself or be forgotten. This means I can never store things deep--just one layer--which means I will need a ridiculous amount of storage space. That will be quite costly.

I forgot how distracting home is, where the bathroom is right next to the kitchen is right next to the laundry all in one nice building. I put some toast in today and decided to shave my legs, just for the convenience of it. My toast burned, which reminds me, my straightener is plugged in upstairs.... At camp, going to the bathroom takes foresight and planning. I most likely need to take my water bottle because I will want to go straight to the dining hall after and it would be silly to backtrack to my tent.

About what I am doing: taking "boy scouts" on mountain bike rides. Video games have destroyed the young generation. Working up a sweat on the Wi does not count as exercise. It's all very sad.

Pictured below is the number one threat to my summer paycheck, which at the Hoback Market costs a hefty $4.50. This is what I use to chase down the mounds of processed food I consume each day(hotdogschickennuggetstetonmcmuffinssteakpotatopearlschipscookiescookiescookieschipscinnamontoastersyumyumyumbelievable).
.

Do you know how lovely Jackson is in the summertime? A choice moment: coming up over the ridge on the Munger Mountain trail into a field of balsam root right at sunset with the Tetons at my back.

Outside is the new in, people.

7 comments:

Jane Durham said...

if only you were really back. outside being the new in turned out to be just a phase for me, sad sad. on the other hand, I consolidate and plan ahead for trips to different areas of my tiny house, in case I want to just go straight to the kitchen after the bathroom, etc. How many times do I want to go up the stairs in my enlarged state? not many. love you lovey

JenErik said...

oh cath, if only we could sit on the dock our whole lives long. What are you doing for your birthday?

Unknown said...

good. now I know what to get you for your birthday. more and more odwalla superfood. sounds like you need it. if I bring my bike will you take me on the munger mountain trail? sounds like a beauty.

and jane - "my enlarged state" made me think a little more of the girl who turned into a blueberry in charlie and the chocolate factory - not so much you, cute prego.

Anonymous said...

I just love the way you right. It's poetic, it's articulate, it's so much better than anything I could come up with. Thanks for the brain food.

Twisted Sister said...

Outside is the new in...! If I have enough time for going outside after I play the Wii, that is.

rudi said...

don't go again...

Reuben and Laura Evans said...

It was so fun to see you today! You are so dang cute!! It would be fun to get together when we come up next.