Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Impossible!

That a plain yellow pumpkin would become a golden carriage. Impossible!

My iPod broke over a month ago--realdeal broke this time. I took it to Jim, iPod genius; I plugged it into every computer and wall I knew; I finally buried it mournfully in my desk drawer. RIP iPod.

Why did I not tell you? Perhaps it was too much for me to bear, and saying it aloud on my blof would only make it definite. So I kept it to myself. I carried my silent burden all over campus (I am not one to be loud when annoying things happen and I am alone...example: last week a glass bottle of spaghetti sauce fell from the Suburban and shattered, spraying sauce all over my leather/suedey shoes and jeans. I didn't say a word. I didn't make a peep. ('I don't want to hear one more poop out of you!' 'He means peep.')) And I was actually starting to get used to the silence. I started noticing people around me and I remembered my love of campus eavesdropping.

Then today, for who knows what reason, I dug through my drawer and found my old iPod. I tried starting it, resetting it, and rubbing it with love. Nothing. One of those bad pictures with a frowning iPod face. I tossed my poddy in my bag and went to school, thinking I would take it to the apple store and see if it could be reloaded (all music erased, etc.). Just now, I reached into my bag for my phone and I saw a light--No! It could not be my faithful resurrection pod that has come back to me after so many scares. In fact, my iPod is now working after a month and a half of darkness in my drawer.

Riddle me that.

6 comments:

rudi said...

CRAZY! so glad for you.

Unknown said...

I recall a similar experience with my iPod. I think we'll never know the true inner workings of the ipod. I'm starting to think little creatures live inside each one - and they like to pull pranks that leave even the nerdiest of nerds very confused.

JenErik said...

answer to prayer

Jane Durham said...

happy day! I can't believe you lasted that long without it, who are you anyway?

Kim and Steve said...

technology these days... that is me and cell phones...broken, lost...fixed, found!!

Unknown said...

when things like that happen in our house, it's always because of a naughty troll. but we haven't really seen a lot of action from our troll lately (Lainey calls said troll "Truck") so maybe he relocated to your house...or ipod?