I believe in a future that is better than the past.
I believe in love.
I believe in doing well by my body machine, and I believe in beautiful food being goodforme food.
I also believe in sweets.
I believe in redemption, in change, in forgiveness, in I'M SORRY, in the smell after rain.
I believe in people meaning what they say, and words saying what they mean.
I believe in art making a difference. I believe in humans as creators. I believe in creativity.
I believe in education could be the future that is better than the past; I believe in try looking at things a different way; I believe in families are education. I believe in education. I believe.
I believe in life having a purpose and me having a purpose and even the rock in the center of BYU campus whose purpose is unknown having a purpose.
I believe in community, belonging, home.
I believe in natural light and windows rolled down and dirt under fingernails.
I believe in something bigger than me, and bigger than you, and bigger than us and them, and that something bigger is God.
I believe in outside.
I believe in making plans and letting plans go, especially if either results in a conversation with an old friend. Or a new friend. And I believe in conversations making me late, making me miss class, making me happier than punctuality and class.
I believe in needing each other.
I believe in being honest about needing each other, even when we are alone and happy about it.
I believe in places that no one has ever gone, which don't make the places where people have gone and still go in great numbers any less magnificent.
I believe in broken hearts for things that are lost.
I believe in rooms full of books and reading aloud. I believe in time-of-life books, in the right book for everyone, in endless books in both directions, in reading should never be the wheel stuck in the mud.
I believe in people. I believe in the goodness of people.
I believe in special occasions.
I believe in sticking with what you care about most, even when the easier, clearer, less complicated thing to do is to give it up.
I believe in believing. I really do.
4 comments:
Wow, Catherine, this was incredible beautiful and inspiring to read. I read it twice, actually.
today is Sunday, night. remember who you are lovey.
my friend,
i liked that one. in fact, i like it so much, i'll probably copy your idea and write my own list of beliefs. hope you didn't have a copyright on this or anything.
this was just so you, cath. and i know you believe those things.
Post a Comment