Wednesday, January 26, 2011

when i'm sixty four

i think i am prematurely aging.  evidence:
1. i have to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom.  maybe it has something to do with the fact that i habitually drink a really big glass of water right before i go to bed.  linds j told me that a big cup of water was the best way to start (and end?) the day, and i do pretty much whatever linds says.  the late night drink used to work as an alarm clock, kicking in around 7:30, but lately my timing is off.  last night, i woke up at 5, went to the bathroom, and as i tried to figure out how i had been sleeping so i could not sleep that way anymore, i felt a cogent thought sneak into my brain. that is the worst.  i'd like to wake up and fall asleep without my brain kicking in beyond reviewing the dream i just left.  because when i start thinking about the state of the union or my lesson plans or my THESIS, i have to fall asleep all over again, and that takes me a long time.
(side note: remember the time at the weber when chuch knew the answer to the trivia question about bladder capacity because he had just recently peed into a measuring cup out of curiosity?  gotta love chuch.)

2. i have an old walk.  i don't know what the deal is, but i can't seem to walk my age.  walking doesn't come as easily as it is supposed to.  sister has gotten on my case about this for as long as i can remember ("lift your feet; don't drag!"), but the lesson just doesn't stick.  i think a good walk could really make a difference in my life.  it could add an interesting dimension to my personality.  tips?

3. upon further reflection,  i have filed my next category away under "not old, just out of shape."

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Amy's sister here again. I just had to comment on the "walk" part of your post because oddly enough my little boy is really into this video right now about "a new way to walk" so what you wrote made me laugh: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNl8rODXIBk

Kim said...

Oh dude, I get up to pee every night. I worry that someday when I am pregnant I will get up to pee seventy million times. The best is when I get up to pee and look at the clock and I'm all "Sweet! It's only 2:30am! So much sleeping left to do!" The worst is when I go "Seriously? It's 7:15? Almost time to get up? No fair, sleep."

Stephy said...

I have grey hairs, many of them in fact, and I am prematurely wrinkled but maybe that's not premature for my body? We'll all walk funny and go to the bathroom at night and have grey hair at some point, well if we live long enough so let's embrace it. If I could only find some tweezers....