it kills me that i can even have days when i'm blind to my blessedness, but i can and i do.
today, for example, i thought the morning stunk. you stink, justin matisse, you stink.
the morning stunk just because even though my head understood that love and life and happiness are not zero-sum, my heart did not. it stunk because i had to look many missed opportunities in the face and acknowledge that i could have played things better. and it stunk because i kept wishing i wasn't me.
then this evening, i got to hold my brand new niece, and i saw how my daily scale was incredibly weighted with gains instead of losses, and how even the losses are gains, in a way. it just takes washing my eyes with miracle soap.
here's to fresh life.
5 comments:
cheers.
congrats on the new baby! i love your words
I had a stink day today. So I spent the day with your/my sister, and she cheered me up tremendously! Here's to more ups!
I can tell you for sure that holding that babe does it for me EVERY TIME, reminds me how my scale is weighted. she is a brilliant reset button, perfect miracle soap. I know it's not quite the same, but you can borrow her anytime you need. loves.
Repentance: "a fresh view of God, oneself, and the world."
Post a Comment