Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Just People

We're all just people. That fact could be disappointing if it wasn't too busy being a huge relief.

I feel like I have less and less to say, and I don't know why. Everything inside of me feels still and silent and fine to slip into the shadows and watch. Maybe that's what growing up will be like for me. Softer, not louder.

I'm settling into my life, at least for now, at least this life. Later, things will shift imperceptibly or all at once and I will squirm into a fit. Maybe someday the squirming will stop, and I will think, I've been here long enough to know how this works. I've done this before.

I just realized that I've always assumed I was born generally knowing how to be mortal and human, but how could that be? I bumble through everything, and why not? I'm just a baby on this earth. I'm just people.

No comments: