Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Correction--I know your father

So I was having a little chat over dinner with the fam and the issues talked about in the last blog post came up and I learned something new. New and quite important. In the last entry, I said something like, "hence the trip back to the drawing board after Satan presented his plan." My bro-in-law Jim told me that there was only one plan presented--God's plan--and there was opposition to that plan (which we call Satan's plan.) There was only ever God's plan. Interesting. Is this a new idea for anyone else?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

here is what is interesting to me. initially, there was God's plan (the plan of happiness, by the way - who would even think to go against something with such an awesome title? but anyway...) and one source of opposition. in HEAVEN, mind you. so here on earth, there still may be only one true source of opposition, but he is so successful at fragmenting it (think of one of those crystals in pollyanna that refracts the light into so many colors, only less happy) that sometimes it is easy to get confused about exactly which ray of light you ought to be following. I guess the argument that would be made to counter that is that the only true way is the only way that is actually LIGHT, but all I'm saying is that there are some darn good imitations out there and it is confusing.