
Happy Birthday Joni Mitchell.
Some day I might have more interesting things to post about, like a husband or child, or even a dog! But for now, I can only expand my blog's wall of influence. Today, Joni, is your day. Favorite lines:
I am a lonely painter, I live in a box of paints. I'm frightened by the devil and I'm drawn to those that ain't afraid.
I remember that time you told me, you said love is touching souls. Well surely you've touched mine cause part of you pours out of me in these lines from time to time.
Tears and fears and feeling proud, To say I love you right out loud
Dreams and schemes and circus crowds, Ive looked at life that way.
But now old friends are acting strange, They shake their heads, they say Ive changed
Well somethings lost, but somethings gained, In living evry day.
I met a redneck on a grecian isle who did the goat dance very well,
he gave me back my smile but he kept my camera to sell.
Born with the moon in cancer, choose her a name she will answer to.
Call her green and the winter cannot fade her.
I am on a lonely road and I am traveling
Traveling, traveling, traveling
Looking for something, what can it be
Oh I hate you some, I hate you some
I love you some
Oh I love you when I forget about me
I want to be strong I want to laugh along
I want to belong to the living
Alive, alive, I want to get up and jive
I want to wreck my stockings in some juke box dive
Do you want - do you want - do you want
To dance with me baby
Do you want to take a chance
On maybe finding some sweet romance with me baby
Well, come on
I wish I had a river I could skate away on.
2 comments:
how'd you know it was her b-day? I love that pic, wherever that's from.
i guess there was a reason (or at least a coincidence)i woke up with her song in my head. "i'm frightened by the devil and i'm drawn to those that ain't afraid...
Post a Comment