Tuesday, September 9, 2008

George Banks is saying NO!

My iPod was acting up today (this is nothing new) so I restarted it. It's how we bond. We bond a lot. Pretty much every day. After restarting it, I was heading into a luncheon so I put it my pink bag and forgot about it. Later, while catching the end of the slightly off pitch live version of "Hey Jude" in Brigham Square, I thought, "hmm. John Lennon (or was it Paul McCartney) sure did a nice job of singing this song. Maybe I'll listen to it." I pull out my iPod, turn it on and find that it is EMPTY. I'm in playlists, hoping it's a mistake, so I scroll back to artists. EMPTY. Apparently, she shall not have music wherever she goes. This is dire.

Today also happens to be one of those days where no one looks me in the eyes. They are all too focused on my feet, and yes, I am wearing boots with fringe that sways while I walk. Would you like to talk about it?

Finally, having concluded that I would skip the devotional to do my homework, I headed into the library and made it to a computer when...the fire alarm went off. Suspicious. Very suspicious. I know BYU and it's subtle ways of encouraging us to go to devotional--closing all services, playing weird bell music, and the like--but a fire alarm in the library is just taking things too far.

Who's George Banks?

ME!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm depressed now. I'm sorry about the iPod. I can't even begin to imagine that travesty. And I'm sorry about people being so busy with your feet.

PS - I just love George Banks. At least your wife didn't have to come bail you out of jail.

Jane Durham said...

no way! what is up with this day? we'll talk later.

Unknown said...

what the?

well, I guess that's what you get for going back to provo. feel free to move back on up any time. you can share laine's room.

JenErik said...

i love father of the bride, I also love the cutting edge. It's another really good one. Take a picture of those boots baby. I'd love to see them. what a life right?

Jane said...

You crack me up, and I finally am ready to confess I read your blog. I'm glad to see you are saying no!, because my ipod does the EXACT same thing and it shouldn't be tolerated. keep up the good work.
Jane

Jane said...

You crack me up, and I finally am ready to confess I read your blog. I'm glad to see you are saying no!, because my ipod does the EXACT same thing and it shouldn't be tolerated. keep up the good work.
Jane

heidi said...

I hate that your ipod cheated on you. Not cool! I just listened to you message tonight. I have no idea when you called me. I just got in from out of town. Call me again. I will even come to provo to hang out with you. Call ne.

Jared Orme said...

Ticking time-bombs, Catherine. I'm going to be nasty for a minute here -- apple wants you to update to their latest software or buy the latest incarnation, and they ARE willing to use sabotage to make it so. I'm sorry for your loss. I don't like to even imagine.