Depending on the day, I'm in a Yahoo! or a Google mood. Google's home page is so refreshingly sparse and unimposing, allowing me to take the initiative in what I see or read. I love that little text box of wonder which brings up fascinating results if you know what to put in. Yahoo!, on the other hand, is a barrage of advertisements, news stories, pop culture plugs, etc.; and the page is so distracting that I've forgotten what I wanted to search for if I had something in the first place. Who cares about contemporary literary theory, for example, a woman just grew a six foot zucchini! I thought that that kind of freak garden incident only happened in The Bernstein Bears (when Papa and Farmer Brown are competing in the pumpkin contest and they pull all kinds of tricks out for beefing up their produce), but no. Some of us are living normal lives and some of us are living in the shadow of our own squash. Literally. (Although the article did note that the zucchini was a 'shock'. Good to know.)
Seeing this kind of news make the front page of Yahoo! search engine brightens my day. Isn't it nice to know that in times of controversial war and political division, we can all come together over giant veggies? This story can brighten your day too, just don't get distracted by the top 5 celeb moms on your way to the link.
2 comments:
"veggie tales veggie tales, veggie tales..." I won't keep singing the song because it is the same thing over and over. Maybe that is the key to winning attention and the popular vote in the next election, have the candidates grow outrageous produce! I am remembering the little vienna sausages that grew on plants in Pee Wee Hermans movie, I thought that was pretty cool too.
"brocolli, collard greens, gotta be...veggie tales..."
Cath, I am in the mood to just be in your presence--hence the text and the blog stalk in rapid succession. Loved it--so true. I always notice that when I'm on yahoo I put in what I'm searching for and then have to hit back to see the celebrity moms once I start wondering what I missed!also loved the bb reference. Remember when we used to race reading them?
Post a Comment