
Okay, so I haven't really seen anything like this yet, though there was a fullish moon last night.
I have been considering what I would write about, and I've been putting it off until this moment, when a very loud gospel choir began singing, complete with cheering and the motivational speaker in between choruses, and as far as I can tell, they've congregated in a parking garage. And I'm pretty sure it's a recording. But why? And who is listening? Other people sitting at their computers next to open windows? Now it sounds like they are rehearsing...I'm perplexed.
For those of you not in the know, I moved to California for the summer. I'm currently jobless, but optimistic. And when I lose optimism, I go shopping. I haven't bought anything yet except an ice cream sandwich.
Just a few things I'd like to do before I leave:
-Yodel as a street performer or in a BART station (thanks Marie)
-See a great variety of performances (saw the San Fran ballet last night)
-visit Coit tower, the Japanese tea garden, the seals, etc. etc. etc.
What ideas do you have for me for the bay area?
8 comments:
OMG, you did it.
Yes!
Ghiradelli square (spelling?) They have the BEST chocolate chip cookies...like 2-3 inches thick and of course pier 39. Kate Con can you think of anything else??
I love you. The shopping comment is classic.
Ghiradelli square is great, if you're a chocolate kind of girl. :)
Eat at Spinnaker's...AMAZING!
Go to Lombard street, it's a "tourist" must.
A Giant's game for me, please. AT&T park is incredible, and the Giant's are MY team. While you're at it, stop at Red's Java Hut before the game...the best burger and fries EVER!
Walking across the Golden Gate Bridge is always fun.
Muir Woods is gorgeous.
I could keep going, but that's a good start! :)
I'm jealous you're living there. I'm coming out at the beginning of July...if you're still there we'll HAVE to meet up.
Eat at Pasta Pomodoro-they are all over San Francisco-yummy Italian.
Go lawn bowling in Golden Gate Park.
Eat Dim Sum in Chinatown (or just buy some gummies there-they're really good)
Scharffen-Berger chocolate factory in Berkeley
Fly a kite on the Marina green
What does it say that 2/3 of my suggestions involve food?
Go to across the bridge to Sausalito and eat at Scomas.
http://scomassausalito.com/
find dottie's true blue cafe and eat there every. single. day. also if you go outside the city, visit santa cruz and the redwood forests. and maybe come down south to hang out with me??
Post a Comment