I love movies that are completely unrealistic. Examples:
1. The Emperor's New Groove (how did we get here before them? by all accounts, it doesn't add up.)
2. Stardust (falling stars, men turning into goats and vice-versa, captain shakespeare who catches lightning)
3. Up (can't tell you anything, don't want to give it away--GO SEE IT.)
4. Gilmore Girls.
I know Gilmore Girls is not a movie (why didn't they ever do that? SJP and her crew did it, Hannah Montana did it, the Lorelai's could definitely do it), but it does involve suspending belief for a few reasons. a) No one is that clever. No one I know is that clever. I hope no one is that clever, because relatively that would make me very unclever. b) No one can love junk food that much and be that skinny. They act like they eat doughnuts and french fries and danishes. PLEASE. c) No one is like Kirk. If you know someone like Kirk, introduce me.
I would like to finish this post with a few tips for fellow unemployedees.
- send out billions of applications so that you lose track of how many jobs you never heard back from.
- when you email your resume to potential employers, make sure you erase the data fields so that your name shows up instead of
- when they ask you, at a summer camp, what your "weaknesses" are, don't mention being shy and possibly cranky in the morning. In other words, don't be honest. Follow your competition and make stuff up like My biggest weakness is a desire to overachieve. or I am just TOO passionate.

- try not to be spacey on the phone. or in interviews. or in emails. (aka stop daydreaming about gilmore girls.)
It beats me why my type suddenly switched to italics. Try not to mention lack of computer savviness either, especially when your resume has a little bit about computer savviness and yet has
The first picture is a simulation of me being spacey while I daydream. Consider it an opportunity to suspend belief. The lower two pictures are some that I just saw in my photo booth after a long time apart--love these photos. David's nose looks like a mix between Prince John on the Disney Robin Hood, and that part in the snowman movie where they look in the ornaments.


3 comments:
how did I miss this post? are you sure that first picture of spaciness was a simulation? looked pretty authentic to me. and the pictures of you and dave (who I didn't actually recognize until you told me how to spot his face in the funhouse) - still laughing. I might have to set them as my wallpaper.
Lovely. Miss you.
Claiming that my biggest weakness is a desire to achieve is too embarrassing to say out loud. And what? Is someone claiming that interviewers ever buy that, for real? That's embarrassing for them. I'm looking for a job too, by the way.
Post a Comment