Friday, August 14, 2009

among the things i wish:

that my mom had a blog (i'm curious what she'd write) and a cell phone that i could send silly text messages to.

that i could do everything from my bed. perhaps i could get a rolly bed. (i'm typing on my lappy while in bed right now. number one reason i wanted a lappy. typing in bed.)

that i could handle the big choices in my life and give all the little choices (what to eat for breakfast and what music to listen to--MAJOR time-wasting dilemmas in my world) to someone else. like a personal shopper. except for choices.

that, if no on the rolly bed, i could live underwater. just for a week or so to see what it would be like. my underwater world would have to be totally shark/jellyfish/stingray/danger free. i'm not that great of a swimmer.

that i could turn my internal autocracy into a board of regents, with different little people representing my various interests, debating various decisions, and sending me the results and weekly minutes. how cool would that be?

that i could write song lyrics. i wish i could write exactly what i wanted to say.

that i never ever wished to be someone else.

that i was a star on broadway, or even the playmill would be fine...i just want to belt it (on pitch) in front of a crowd.

that it would rain at least once a week. and be cloudy at least twice a week. and snow from november to april. i've always preferred inclement weather.

that the world was more conducive to bare feet. or that my bare feet were more conducive to the world. either way. i really like the textures of the earth so i'd probably choose tougher feet.

that people's attractiveness reflected their personalities. kind of like that bit in 101 Dalmatians where the dogs look like their owners.

that i could shop off of other people's bodies. when i saw a sweet article of clothing on someone else, i could request one in my size. and free shipping.

that when someone says, "you think too much," i could say, "yes. i do," and promptly think less.

11 comments:

Kim said...

I wish I could stop thinking so much too. Maybe next week we should get cupcakes and not think together.

Lindsay Johnson said...

I feel exactly the same way you do about inclement weather.

I wish you mom had a blog too. It would be on my feed.

And I wish I had a personal choice maker. And I wish I could put in words exactly what I want to say.

I wish I could write a blog post like you write them. It always impresses me that you say many things that i feel but didn't know i felt until I saw them in words.

How do you do it?

Jane Durham said...

I wish...more than anything...I wish to go to the festival...
I wish to watch Slipper and the Rose with you when you get home. Maybe at the Heb. I would die if I had a personal choice maker! I'll be yours too if you want? You'd regret it.

Jane Durham said...

p.s. Mom wouldn't write much I Think, except a few very well drafted long posts. But she would wish she did. THat's why she loves YOU.

Kate said...

1-the summer you are in the playmill... i am there, for every show, matinée and evening (my biggest playmill debut was when i was kissed on stage there) 2-your feet are loved in my world. and 3-curious... what would my dog look like if i was in 101D... "WHO WON THE GOLD!?"

JenErik said...

I wish I could see you. Come viist MN. You'd love it here.

becky bunnell said...

My favorite one was about the weather. I would wish for the exact same.

Amy Lovell said...

Cath, I love the way you think, it's inspiring!

I wish I thought more like you.

Amanda Erdmann said...

I wish I could be a star on broadway too. We could have been great. I enjoy the line about bare feet.

Unknown said...

I hate it when I miss your blogs at the time that you blog them, but it's sort of like getting a birthday present the week after you birthday. spreads the love out.

Brian and Emily said...

I'm sure glad you think a lot. As I said today, your thoughts are always edifying to me. So next time someone says you think too much, call me. I want to hear your thoughts.