It took feeling wonderfully happy to realize I have been sad for a very long time.
This is not to say (see here for a lovely short essay titled thus) that I have not felt any happy in between or amongst sad. Or that sad will not continue to appear in my life. In fact, my heart has become quite serious about feeling all kinds of things lately (are you getting this sense too, or is it an inside-looking out sort of thing?), which is indicator number one that sad, as a way of life, is on it's way out. Sad does not like to be interrupted.
So long sad.
The cause of wonderfully happy? Only the rain at three in the morning or a dinner table of family and friends or a nice poem. Which is to say nothing is the cause that hasn't always been the cause, but something has been working inside my heart, healing healing healing. Putting things back together, but slowly.
8 comments:
Oh Cath, I'm glad to hear you. I love when I come out of a tunnel that I've been in for a while and see light again. It's hard to imagine there will be light or that things will be different from how they are now. How soon we forget. Here's to the joy of today.
beautiful. miss you
love you miss you. so long sad is a phrase i need to embrace this week! thank you.
I miss you. I'd love to catch up. I'll call you this week.
so long sad.
and helloooooooo...
hi. i found you from emiliadelmar... and i absolutely love your writing. This post reaches the corners of my soul. So beautiful. Gives me hope of the progress I will be able to see in my own life.
I love you.
Post a Comment