Tuesday, November 16, 2010

oh me oh my miss apple pie

so last year (or maybe the year before) i tried making apple pie for thanksgiving.  i searched through my photo archives for a picture to show you, but i think i trashed the picture cause it was so ugly.  my pie was a failure. 

i love apple pie.  it makes me very happy.  i want to be able to make apple pie that makes me very happy instead of sicked out. 

do you have any great recipes to share with me? 

p.s. went skiing on friday. it was so choice. how lovely the mountains!

3 comments:

Kate said...

wish i could see a picture of the ugly, cause i'm sure it really wasn't that bad. you know i only tried and enjoyed apple pie just last thanksgiving? and that was even the thanksgiving that i couldn't really enjoy much from the nausea of pregnancy. ironic. i hear the dodo has a mean slice of apple pie. recipe... i'm on the hunt and i'll let you know what i find. wish i could have been on that mountain with you - you always said it would be worth it to take me and my meager-skills to the top just to see the view. thanks for the pic.

Kristen said...

Cath- My sister Annie has an apple crisp recipe that is absolutely delicious! My dad was just raving about it last week. If you have her email or phone she can give it to you, or you can call me and I'll give you her contact info. I don't have the recipe myself..... Happy eating!

Stephy said...

I do have a recipe. I LOVE apple pie. Probably my favorite dessert. How lovely that picture looks, I love the snow. Take some nice turns like you always do.