I'm not listening to Christmas music, but it's not snowing, so I feel like the universe and I are square. Music vs. Snow--that may be my ultimate life "would you rather" dilemma. I've gotta have them both.
So right now I'm emotionally, geographically, and temporally (and grammatically and ecumenically) in the middle of finals--but the end is in sight. And actually, finals week has always been my favorite time of the semester because I get to do or not do whatever I want whenever I want. No class. No teaching. No office hours. The days are mine to fill as I please, start to finish.
I really love making choices. (Note: at least once during every blog post, I see what I'm typing and think "Anne Shirley, what in the heck are you doing here?"..."Fishing for lake trout." no, what I really think is "why would anyone else care how much I really love making choices?" But those moments are brief, my egotism kicks in, and I get back on blog track.) I really really love making choices where I get to do what I want in exchange for a consequence--or in other words, where I get to weigh my own priorities and opportunity costs. Example: I can choose to study for my test and get a good grade or I can choose to sleep in and make hashbrowns and not get a good grade. I get something sweet in either case. Which is what this blog is all about--me and the sweet things I get.
Can't wait for Christmas break and the reunition of the fam-dam. But if you know me, you know that my Christmas ends about three weeks before midnight of the 25th, when the long wait till next year begins. Christmas '09--I'm already counting down.
Holiday cheer and non-Christmas music to you all.
3 comments:
i love it cath. how do you always pull off the best quotes in the perfect places? and i do have to say, that i think you have some ms. shirley in you. its very exciting. cant wait to see you tomorrow!!
are you being serious? you must not be taking advantage of the holiday stations pandora has...I'm totally not listening to MY christmas music anymore, but I'm still listening non-stop. I thought of that Anne quote yesterday...can't remember why. let's watch it?
Just read Jane's comment - I'm happy to join you for the Anne Marathon. Hope to see you soon. You're the best. I loved your Pirate quote. Love it.
Post a Comment