Friday, January 30, 2009

Fact.

I am one of those people who wears her sunglasses indoors.

And contrary to what I imagine the people walking past me are thinking, I do not do this because I think I am a rockstar. (That would be Ben.) I do dream of being a rockstar, but if that dream came true, I would NOT wear sunglasses inside because that would be way too typical. I would be the most down-to-earth normal joe rockstar, I would even have to refrain from doing humanitarian aid and funding a well-publicized cause. But since I know quite well that I'm not a rockstar, it is perfectly okay for me to wear my glasses inside.

I do it because my glasses are fragile and I've already broken infinity pair(s)--never know about pluralizing that one--and the safest place to put them is most def not in my bag, nor in my pocket, nor in my hands when I'm carrying books, books, etc. and putting on my puffy jacket. When I'm around David, the safest place to put them is most def also not on my face, but no place is safe around David so I still have to put them on my face and risk getting pushed out of the canoe and into the lake and then watch my glasses sink to the green mush floor. Actually, I don't open my eyes under water (still afraid, and can't jump off the diving board without plugging my nose) so I just imagine watching them fall. That was a good pair of glasses. R.I.P. bitten tort shelled dears.

When I wear my sunglasses inside, especially underground, I get strange looks. So in the vein of Huck Finn (as long as I'm in and in for good I might as well go whole hog!) I pull out a little strut and pout my lips and act as rockstar as I can.

Now you know.

6 comments:

Dave C said...

Wow, wasn't that canoe trip amazing fun? Not to mention how we almost died reenacting Lewis and Clark?

Jane Durham said...

most def funniest post in a while.

Jane Durham said...

you didn't even need me to remind you of your first line, kind of sad. i love to be needed.

cait & darren mower said...

cath! i love it!

JenErik said...

you are a rock star.

Brian and Emily said...

Thank you for coming back to the blogging world. I can't live without you.