Wednesday, September 23, 2009

sweet fall



everywhere i look in blogland, people are heralding the fall. this is obvious: fall is the superior season. fall makes dying look good.

i often misuse words. for example, i was going to talk about how fall makes me want to be a heathen, but really, fall does nothing to alter my religion or my level of culture. then i thought, ah! fall makes me want to be a pagan. not really, nope. a hedonist? pursuing my sensual desires is my highest good? a hippie--yes on the long hair and beads, no on the rejection of conventional values or taking of hallucinogenic drugs.

so forget the labels: fall makes me want to lay on dirt and roll in leaves and wake up outside with frost on my hair. during fall, we celebrate the earth.

here's to you.

3 comments:

Kate said...

i miss utah right now. it is beautiful here but i would give anything to be in the mountains. go for me please!

Kim and Steve said...

I know, I have a fall post...but honestly...fall just makes me happy for no reason at all. It's just in the air!

Unknown said...

precision of language is very important Jonah.

and in fact I do know now exactly how you feel about fall, which I love. and concur with wholeheartedly. excuse the grammar.