Tuesday, December 15, 2009

deadlines are descending, so i come to the blog to hide and breathe.

isn't life mysterious?

i'm thinking about relationships and the crazy way we can build fragile unseeable connections between souls, between hearts, and those connections stretch and bend and prove (sometimes) to not be that fragile at all.

"often we live side by side and do not communicate heart to heart."
--president thomas s. monson

i believe that. sometimes i feel like i am shouting in a hundred different ways: hear me! understand me! love me! love me! and everyone around me is shouting too, out of desperation to be heard, sure, but also because the gap between bodies is big, and expression could go anywhere once it leaves me, even all the way to outer space. even when it arrives at the desired destination, i can't always be sure it's arrived.

this is why i keep being amazed by love. it is one of many things that works without me understanding it.

3 comments:

cait & darren mower said...

i love the quote, and the thoughts. love you

Jane Durham said...

this post reminds me of dad's saying, how does it go? "your communication is the response you get..."

Brad Carmack said...

Sometimes I feel guilty because I'm so distracted by my own struggles and feelings and opinions that I'm not interested in and/or don't perceive the needs and expression and uniqueness of others. I know every person has a background, a heritage, needs, pains, struggles, insecurities, joys, a profile of tastes and preferences and experiences- but I'm usually too faithful to my goals and tasks and occupied by the passions of the moment to attend to others. I'm grateful for my blog as a bit of an outlet if an emotionally intimate moment and friend aren't aligned when I need it- but it's not quite the same as another heart.