another day where everything falls short.
i've been trying to tell myself that i like failing and that failing is a good thing to do. i don't try very hard (to tell myself, not to fail. failing takes no trying).
today's failures:
woke up late.
no shower.
bad socks.
no lesson plan.
late assignments.
an essay that doesn't amount to anything.
things that need to get done that absolutely wont't get done.
no snow. (i somehow feel responsible for this. i'm trying to be good.)
and then...
i remembered i had a big reese's peanut butter cup in my drawer. SUCCESS.
5 comments:
Reese's make everything better!
I think it depends on what we define as failure... whereas waking up late and no shower sound like possible failures - it could be a success in terms of sleeping in and saving water! It seems in keeping with humanity day concepts in fact. I'm proud of you even in your most "failing" days. love.
I'm so happy that I linked over from your sister's blog today...you made me laugh and reminded me of Marie (and me) in college.
Don't you love that there's so much stuff that feels like it needs to get done that recedes in importance when you ignore it?
funny, when about 6 of those things happen to me on any given day i consider it a success. interesting . . .
mm those are my fav too. loved being with you friday, sorry i was a bum.
Post a Comment