Wednesday, December 30, 2009

do you ever feel

like there are a hundred thousand people in the world already doing what you are trying to do (whatever that is), and doing it better?

i do.

i don't really care about doing something no one else is doing, or even doing something the very very best. i just want my something to be meaningful, an act of love.

"i try to be honest, i try to be kind, and honestly leave when i know that it's time."



one of my most important lessons from college (a life lesson that college gave me words for) is that love is not a zero sum game. despite understanding that, it's still hard for my brain to fathom infinite love that never saturates.

even on this crowded earth, i'm sure there's a place for me, perhaps the kitchen with the big wooden table i see in my mind's eye that is just another instance of every kitchen table i've found myself welcome at before.

there's room for all kinds.

3 comments:

Kim said...

I absolutely feel that way. And sometimes, I feel like maybe I don't need to find my one, true passion and turn it into a career. Maybe I just have to do a job I like and do it well. Now, what that job will be is another story. But maybe it's not settling to realize you don't want to be the next great genius, after all. I just want to live a happy life.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Raymon said...

I love that image.