and "other insights i have that my dad considers stupid:"* have you ever considered how much free toilet paper you use? besides utilities, can you think of any other good that compares in free usage?
*one time, dad and i were driving past the slc public library and i remarked on how amazing it was that there were only males and females in the world. there could be like 30 sexes, and there are two. it was an epiphany. dad said, "remember that not everything you think is interesting is actually interesting." noted.
4 comments:
A similar realization struck me the other day when I began to share with a friend what I loved and admired about American football. The abrupt, barking laughter at the absurd suggestion that any thinking person would be interested in such a conversation shut me up for good.
In short, I can relate.
hahahaha! I love your epiphanies and I can totally picture your dad saying that in response.
I just had an epiphany myself: with your deep, insightful, articulate posts I feel my blog seems so trite upon reading them. Hmm. Something I need to consider.
PSH I thought that was very interesting. I have random thoughts like that quote often. :)
Post a Comment