The other day I saw a girl from my appartment complex at school and she said, "Are you the one I heard yodeling the other day? [implied but not said aloud--through my closed appartment and bedroom door?]"
And guess what I said? "Yes. Yes, that yodeling you heard, that was comin from me."
You may recall from a previous post that I've had a goal to learn to yodel, ever since I saw Uncle Mike at the Christmas party. I was no jokey. I have been practicing, rather loudly it appears, but let me tell you there's really only one volume for yodeling. I feel sorry now for being so critical of my daddo when he was picking up the tenor sax, because there was only one volume for the tenor sax too. I have a hunch that me yodeling wins way more annoying points than my dad tenor saxing, although it did get pretty old hearing the lead in to "Goodnight Sweetheart" over and over.
My dad's quirks do not end (or begin) with him ordering a tenor sax off eBay after seeing someone play "Goodnight Sweetheart" at my high school choir concert. I don't think I even solicited his help re: yodeling, but I did find the following videos in my inbox one day. If that (and by that I mean looking up weird youtube videos to help your daughter--and let's be honest, yourself--learn to yodel) is not the mark of a good father, I'd like to know what is.
I couldn't figure out how to get the vids to post so here are the links:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfdfTsdg1Iw
prefacing this one, my dad wrote: "if the first one doesn't work..."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=389fdI7GlKc
4 comments:
sick videos. love marv. love that you are yodeling. i want a preview. found another SICK VID
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9oxbyLlAYI&feature=related
Cath...I've never laughed so hard! I love that you're REALLY learning how to yodel, and I LOVE even more that your Dad has encouraged this!
Hey Catherine. I just came across your blog. I can hardly wait to hear your yodeling! I just started a blog at andersonannieblog.blogspot.com.
Put the clip of you yodeling BACK ON YOUR BLOG! We (Mike and I)loved it! We even watching it twice! We want it back!
Post a Comment