Thursday, March 26, 2009

To the day. A toast of random!!!

First of all, I see now that little yellow triangle with the ! informing me of the scheduled outage that is scheduled to outage right now. This means that I am writing into a void, on the faith that the outage will return to onage and this moment that I experience alone will exist later for you too.

Can you tell I'm running on 2 hours of sleep?

I thought my stomach growling was the wind. How could I think that something inside of me was outside of me?; how could I fail to recognize my own?; how could I confuse something so me for something so not me--so scary to me, the ultimate other???

What is the significance of three ??? in a row? It makes me dizzy to look at it and to think of it. I wish there was a sound for the question mark rather than a name; well, I suppose there is: it's the rise in the voice as it heads from ground to heaven, from knowable to un-.

I found a single bowtie at the bottom of my penne. I enjoyed the thought of being disconcerted by its possible whereabouts more than I was actually disconcerted...my fork might have slowed for a second as it approached my mouth, the landing pad, the mother ship, the giant red and black u magnet for comida. But now the single bowtie from my plate is a single bowtie in my stomach, maybe being bullied by those penne--those pesky pernicious penne who move through my insides like a gang sulking the streets.

Who am I kidding??? I don't know whether gangs sulk or if they just walk, or if they move at all like the united formations of birds I love on "Winged Migration."

I'm going to bed.

1 comment:

Jane Durham said...

it's more likely that they skulk.