Tonight I drove around the city with my windows open. Wisps of a hundred blossoms rushed in and out my windows, on and off my tongue, over and around my lungs. I am ready to move outside again.
I have a taste for air, somewhere in my subconscious; and I guess we all do, being life-linked to it as we are. There is steak-and-potatoes air, like the thick heavy stuff you breathe in Ghana. There is healthy eatyourveggies air, just after rain or high in the mountains. There is dessert air--and that is the air of springtime.
'Outside: The world existing beyond where one is physically confined or obliged to be.' -Oxford English Dictionary
*****
All day and night, music,
a quiet, bright
reedsong. If it
fades, we fade.
Rumi
2 comments:
Time to breathe that Hebgen air hu?
I can't find my e.e. cummings book which makes me mad, but all I can think is "in just spring, when the world is mud-luscious" and "puddle-wonderful"
and oh, this springtime air you can DRINK! i love it.
Post a Comment