From the reader's forum section:
"We live in a competitive world where jobs and research opportunities favor those with higher GPAs. There are many hardworking students who do all they can just to make C's and low B's. It is not at all fair for these students to earn lower grades than people who have an aptitude for academics. I think the university should impose a redistribution of grades policy that would spread high GPAs around, taking grade points from top students and giving them to those who aren't as lucky. This would allow those making A's to help C students so that everyone evens out with a B average. There would be more equality and the best opportunities would not be limited to the top 1-2 percent smartest students."
From the special politics section:
"When a McCain supporter asked 'Joe the Plumber' if he believed 'a vote for Obama is a vote for the death of Israel,' Wurzelbacher(J.T.P) replied, 'I'll go ahead and agree with you on that.' He didn't elaborate on how Obama, who has said his commitment to Israeli security is 'nonnegotiable,' would be caustic for the Jewish state."
From the Voter's Voice section:
"The attitude that the vote doesn't count is a dangerous thing to be widespread, because, ultimately, some of all of our votes do count."
From the BYU police beat:
"BYUPD received a phone call at 7:49 pm reporting loiterers at the gazebo at the Alumni House. Upon arrival, police discovered a group of students composing poetry."
4 comments:
every single one of those articles made my head hurt. good catch, cath.
I saw mrs. paxton at smith's last week. She looks exactly the same, only, younger than I would expect. That just means how really young she must have been when she taught us and we thought she was old. does that sound like one of your highlights or what? lowlights? what a kick she would get out of that post, you should write her.
that's a very zion-ist approach to grades, isn't it? let's redistribute wealth while we're at it. I could use a little more of that...in fact, maybe I could trade off some of that excess gpa?
I've been meaning to mention that little bit about the first quotation...that it was most likely a clever slam on Obama--very clever. It's so much easier to make fun of the idea when it is just related to grades.
Post a Comment