I just won in an elevator. I NEVER win. Normally, I hit the up button and the elevator comes as it should. The doors open, a group of grumpy people stare out, and I look up hopefully at the arrows above the door.... The darn elevator is going down. Usually I get in for the ride and to participate in the grumpy community and to save my heel-clad feet. Today, I hit the up button, the elevator came, the doors opened, a grumpy face looked at me, and without even looking I got in. (I had been running all over tarnation and there was not no way I was going to walk those stairs.) The anonymous elevator voice thing said, "Going up," and the grumpy girl squeaked in frustration as she looked at the "B" button illuminated, all in vain. Ha! She got out and I went up. Amazing.
I have lost in many other ways today to compensate for this small win. Most notably, I finally realized why I don't get as much done as the people around me...I'm way too busy being unproductive to think about being productive. I blog, I listen to my iPod, I surf the web, I look out the window, I daydream, I write in my journal. Jane, who hates on "staying on task" now?
2 comments:
i love those little wins, they are the best! congrats!
staying on task isn't the point. some people get more done in a few moments than some people get done in hours. just like some people get A's their whole life without hardly trying...
Post a Comment