Thursday, October 16, 2008

You're not weird--you're quirky.

Creme brulee can never be jello.

1. I like having music on in my bedroom whether or not I'm in my room so that if I leave I don't have to walk back into silence. (learned this from Jane.)
2. I hate frog eggs, mountainsides of burned tree remains, and hundreds of birds on a telephone wire. Hate as in it makes my stomach queasy.
3. I wish I wanted to be as good as Jane in Pride and Prejudice, but I simply don't want to be that good.
4. I don't like turning on the lights in the bathroom if I can help it--too much bright light, making my face too vulnerable in over-sized mirrors.
5. That said, I love looking at my face from a distance.
6. Sometimes I sit on public restroom toilet seats and sometimes I don't. No consistency of criteria for when I do or when I don't.
7. I continue to wear my ring on my left ring finger because four years ago someone told me I shouldn't because it hurts my chance of getting married at BYU.
8. I like having my window open all day and night, through sun or snow.
9. I like forbidden sleep so much more than regular sleep that I will sometimes set an alarm just to be able to sleep through snoozes.
10.If people around me are laughing, even if they are people I don't know, I'm pretty sure they are laughing at me. (Like the one time I fell UP the stairs at east high and several of the Bosnian exchange students were right there, witnesses of my shame, and they really were laughing at me, in Bosnian no less.)

I tag Steph, Liz, Lauren, Amy, Lindsay, Jana, Jenny, and Kate...the quirkiest cookies I know.

7 comments:

JenErik said...

You tagged me, so what am I supposed to do? I'm being serious. Are there specific questions I'm supposed to answer?

cait & darren mower said...

quirky and weird are two very different things...

Skinny said...

ma'am,

i've never laughed at you ever. just thought you should know.

the skin

Liz said...

Cath, I love you and your quirks! Amen to forbidden sleep and sorry for wanting the windows closed sophomore year--i did, didn't I? Which now seems so weird because open is so obviously superior...

Jane Durham said...

oh, and you think those are quirks?

Rosy said...

I'm with you on #8 and #9! Catherine, you are a beautiful writer. I sure love you!

Kim and Steve said...

You are the quirkiest person I know! that is why you are so much fun! hope to see you soon! check out our blog..finally!!