Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Labrynthine Sentence

I'm on an embarrassing/awkward story kick. Here is one of my best.

I often chuckle when the phrase "most embarrassing moment" is brought up in conversation; not because I find my own experience particularly humorous (though it is), and not because I find the experiences of others humorous either (thought they usually are too)--no, I chuckle because I know that my story is top-notch when it comes to embarrassment factor (my past story-sharing experience showing me that my story blows most competition out of the water); top-notch from my ridiculous green spandex shorts to the too-good-to-not-be-out-of-a-movie situation of school-wide toilet out-age, hence the four portapotties out back, one of which I peed behind; from my bashful approach of the secretary's desk (for how, exactly, do you, a fourth-grader, let a seemingly ancient woman know that you have peed your green spandex shorts?) to the unbearable drive home in the principal's car--all embarrassment culminating in the final question: should I take the paper towels I've been sitting on or leave them with Principal (not to be confused with principle; remember, your principal is your pal) LaMalfa?

The above is all one sentence. That should explain why it was hard to read. I had to do this exercise in class today--I recommend it for a good time. 192 words. One sentence.

5 comments:

Barb said...

Not only HILARIOUS, but a great use of semi-colons.

heidi said...

You are so funny. Love it. Every momment. Want to sit next to me at the reunion and hand out name tags?

Unknown said...

What makes it worse is that LaMalfa was my principal too - just reading his name brought back a flood of Ensign Elementary memories. Glad that me sitting in a car on soiled paper towels was NOT one of my memories...

cait & darren mower said...

i really appreciate the picture you painted in my head...clearly you weren't used having to pop a squat! :)

Unknown said...

cath, you're really going above and beyond on the task of keeping me laughing, which I appreciate. you do have a top-notch story there, no arguing it at all.

so...just checking...but that was intentional? the labrynthine sentence?